Show reviews that mention
peter stein stein peter energy energy saving saving solutions business people promises scam
Filter review

Very bad experience first awaited 2 weeks for installing t

waited 2 weeks for installing heatpump to find it wasnt going then they ordered the gas for it which took ova a week then found it wasnt going so now waitin 2 weeks for part I am really fed up. is this a joke or wat I would neva recommend them to anyone the worst company I have come across its just one delay after another. all up its taken 6 weeks for a heatpump installing and still waiting for it to go. I could hav had one installed long time ago if I had known about the runaround Im getting.
Service
Energy Savings Solutions Customer Care
Order processing issue

Loan Fraud, Unpaid Commissions, Selling Bogus Warranty

I sold a deal for $60,000 and set up ESS with an ENORMOUS account. The client paid the $60K in full up front. Peter Stein's "staff" screwed up the delivery multiple times. The product was installed by 11/15/2015. So, the client paid in full AND the product was installed and Peter Stein refuses to pay me the commission. Peter also kept haggling them about paying up front for multiple properties (email documents this) so I suppose he may have stolen that commission as well. They were really turned off by this approach. Stein says I owe him an alleged debt. Well his company worked with documents saying that the alleged debt is to Universal Guardian Acceptance, LLC. So, let's get this straight: Universal Guardian paid ESS and they say I owe Universal Guardian. But, Peter says I owe ESS. Well if Universal paid Peter (as was explained) then how can I or anyone else in the same situation owe ESS? If Universal or ESS did not loan any funds of real value then this is one big scam and a fraud. If ESS created a loan via an accounting entry then it is acting as a licensed and insured bank and is in violation of numerous federal laws and statutes. I submitted FOIA requests to check on this. In fact, I submitted a Privacy Act request to ESS and UGA to determine exactly what happened and to get to the bottom of the potential loan fraud, bank fraud, wire fraud, and illegally dealing and brokering in security obligations and negotiable instruments. ESS has not responded and also failed to respond to my Notice and Demand to Validate Debt Claim. I sent all requests via Certified Mail.

Same old, same old scam artist at it again.

I wish that we never brought this distributor on board with our company. He cost us a very large account.

I personally flew up to customer to attempt straightening out a major screw-up that he made in grossly misidentifying the old lights needing replacement and completely miscounted them (more than half the lights manufactured and shipped to the customer were incorrect - costing us a fortune of money all the profit was lost in these jobs and we lost a substantial amount of money due to him. Our loss amounts to more than 5 times his commissions. More so, we lost the entire account because of him. This distributors debt to Universal Guardian Acceptance has nothing to do with us.

This was a loan that he took out with Universal Guardian to become a distributor. His completely false accusation and misguided interpretation of what really happened is the REAL ISSUE. Its a sad commentary for those distributors doing amazing jobs - making money and doing well. This distributor closed one single deal, wasted my time and my staff's time and caused us to lose a multi-million dollar account.

I personally flew up to Boston to meet with the CEO of the company we were installing lights for to help clean up the mess he made.

This distributors' ineptness and lack of any attention to detail was the real issue. I truly wish we knew better before bringing him on board with us.

View more comments (1)
Boston, Massachusetts
Service
Energy Savings Solutions Customer Care
Cons
  • Screwing clients
  • Deception
  • Self-righteous
Problems with payment
Preferred solution
certified check for $62,500

Short Review on April 08, 2016

Rip off broken promises do not trust
Wausau, Wisconsin
Not as described/ advertised

Review in Utility category from South Padre Island, Texas

I really wanted to give peter stein & his company a favorable review, BUT they have failed to live up to their promises and warranty. 1) it took over a year for installation, I had to pay their contracted electrician to finish the job. 2) the sales people that represented the company were let go, presumably because of the issues with this sale, there was zero on site follow up. 3) promises of replacement bulbs never materialized. I highly recommend steering clear of Peter Stein and any derivative of Energy Saving Solutions. I'm sure he will respond to this, but facts are facts and not standing behind your sales department or warranty is shameful. Mark Haggenmiller Padre Island Brewing Co.

I worked with Stein in the '90s when he was running a failing internet company. That was after his career as a boilerroom stock broker He used to regale us with stories of how much he got out of people. He's not a person I would ever do business with again.

#1262000

Not a surprise at all Peter Stein is a scam artist. He steals the commissions and keeps them for himself.

He also sells a bogus warranty that doesn't exist.

I have heard of a client that installed lights and almost half of them did not work. They called for the warranty and the warranty did not exist!

Not surprising at all. Have heard from a few sources about contractors not being paid even after services were performed.

Also heard about ESS not paying for the warranty even though it tells clients there is some type of "lifetime" warranty.

View more comments (2)
South Padre Island, Texas

I made $240,000 with Energy Saving Solutions

Energy Saving Solutions is an upstanding company that offers a legitimate opportunity to those that actually choose the work it. I made over $240,000 in my first year working with Energy Saving Solutions. Peter Stein is a very smart entrepreneur who has helped me - and from what understand many others with closing sales and achieving success. It is about the easiest business I have ever done. Literally - you introduce customers to zero upfront-cost LED Lighting and your customers actually put money in their pocket ( in some cases thousands of dollars per month) and they have better quality lighting than the old style lighting. Most of my customers save 65% or more from the lighting part of their electric bill. If you cant make money at this or your a complainer on here - you probably never did any proposals and have nobody to blame but yourself. This opportunity is a home run.

Agreed - I make a six figure income with Energy Saving Solutions. Peter Stein is extremely helpful and very accessible for a busy CEO.

Energy Saving Solutions ( and in particular - Peter Stein) have helped me close some very big deals. As a distributor you have to just get out there and introduce the zero up front cost LED Lighting product to commercial customers. At least three out of ten proposals I have created end up becoming a customer.

With average commissions of $30,000+ its a great time to be in the LED lighting business.

#1122018
@PissedConsumer1110897

Is he really the CEO?

Okay Peter!!! Your so full of ***!

If this is real prove it!

View more comments (2)
Miami, Florida

Biggest Rip Off and Scam.

He took over $14,000 and his help was ziltch. Promises were all false and he is a complete fraud. All I can say is do your homework or just keep reading these posts. He is a very smooth talker and will continue ripping people off. I will def file a complaint and so should everyone on here! Please stay as far away from this crook as you can!!!!I could go on for pages but am tired of investing any more time, money or energy with it.

Complete scam. Liar. Former employees have even shared that Stein swindled the elderly and handicapped people.

Happy to join in on this topic. I too was burned by this fraudulent scam artist

Could you please contact me. I want to pursue a class action lawsuit. 218-348-****.

@PissedConsumer1095298

My contact number 916-240-**** I too was scammed by this fraudulent opportunity

View more comments (3)
Granite Falls, Washington
Poor customer service

Energy savings solutions is a scam

They got $4000.00 from me before I decided I wanted out. Now they have me in collection for another $2500.00, and I haven't made a dime from their business ideas. I first signed up with one guy and when I called back to speak to him he's gone. I had talked to three different people after I signed up and they all was gone within a month. I started talking to potential customers and when I called in to talk to someone and couldn't find anybody to talk to for a month. I finally got an answer and was told that they had some rearrangement going on and he was the only person handling everything and can I give him another chance because they were so far behind in completing orders of the LED bulbs. I dint know if their business is any better now than when I was with them, but they were a disappointment to me.

Scam. The loans are a scam and fraud as well.

Won't pay out a commission even AFTER the client pays in full and installs.

Not sure they even pay for the warranty meaning they sell product fraudulently. Complete fraud.

I would like to pursue a class action lawsuit on this guy...

Same here. Except once we finally got through to Peter and not his "assistant" who is actually a call center, we found out he fired all his office staff.

Kristy who was always helpful to us that we just spoke with in July, by November GONE, only person to answer questions is Peter who never hardly ever returns emails, never answers his phone, unless you as you have an appointment with a big company like Toyota then after 4 calls he responds to you.

Zero support that was promised, never got the IPad was promised but still wants his money. For over a year when we called always got a new person who handles that

This same thing happened to me!

View more comments (3)
ID
Cons
  • Scamed me
  • What they did
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Discepitive practice

I met with Mr. Stein and after his sales pitch he wanted me to invest 13000.00 $10000.00 he would carry paper on. I left with an uneasy feeling and started doing some checking. 1)he mentions in pr piece they are located in a new office tower in Aventura, which is just north of Miami. In fact they are in Aventura in a converted townhouse apartment. I thought it strange they did not have anything on the walls. (pictures of job or anything else) when I asked if they just moved in he said they have been there 3 years. I had some questions afterwards and a extremely difficult time getting in touch with Mr Stein. His email kept being bounced back. Finally I reached him and he lowered his price to $500.00 This is a fair price for samples but I do not feel comfortable with all that has been written about him and what I saw.

Often times when a prospective distributor has the DESIRE but not the financial means to pay for LED Lighting sample inventory and get started in the LED Business, Energy Saving Solutions helps them get started by financing the cost of inventory or we give distributor considerably less inventory to launch their career in the LED lighting business. Our office is located in a professional office park along with 64 other professional businesses Apparently this person never worked for ESS or stepped foot in our office otherwise they would have seen a busy and successful business.

Could I get your info and ask you a few questions? Please contact me if you can. My number is 229 348 ****

Would like to talk to all you about this erikaruyle@***.com. took my husband for $13000, didn't send us everything as promised, every time we called got a different person who handled it.

NOW he has fired his whole office staff. He is the ONLY one to answer questions and very rarely returns calls or emails.

Would love to speak with you regarding this as I'm questioning a few things jpjerviss@***.com

It is very interesting that I too was approached by Energy Savings Solutions and they told me the same exact thing, " the total cost to join is 13,000.00 and I'll need to put down 3k cash up front and the rest will be financed. They stated they don't have any of thier products in the website "by design." It is very difficult to judge a product without having a spec sheet, UL listing, IES file, etc... I'm not saying they are not for real, however, without more proof I will just rather keep my money in my pocket.

View more comments (4)
West Palm Beach, Florida

Energy saving solutions is not a scam.

Peter Stein is not a scam artist. He markets the forever LED Light bulbs and he offers a "business opportunity" which does cost money as most of them do. It does take money to make money. But for the small investment a top producing dealer can profit well over 250k a year with this business opp. It is a shame that this post is up defaming his character. He is honest and up front. I don't know of any high caliber serious producing business that cost 500 to get in...the poster of this complaint just probably didn't have enough money.

This is interesting. WHY are the posters on pissedconsumer.com or ripoff.com that are in support of, or saying that ESS is not a scam, not posting with their REAL NAME?

Why are there NO real dealers or references to speak with? Where is this $250K number for earnings coming from? The PAST AND CURRENT business model and income model has been the recruiting of dealers across the country on craigslist. If the books were to be investigated, where does the ESS income come from?

Is is selling lights? Is it selling dealerships for $13K? Is is selling Independent Sales for $470? Is it the monthly fees they charge to the independents and dealers?

The case studies on their website are YES companies or facilities that have changed to LED, but NOT with ESS. Just research, thoroughly ask for references, google those references, google their dealers and contact them for a reference. Ask for details in writing of what exactly you will receive for your $13K or $470 AND WHEN you will receive the items? What are the terms?

If they will not provide you with information BEFORE you have to sign or give them ANY personal information, ssn or credit card or ach information and you are not comfortable, then maybe you should go with your gut. Go into the opportunity fully aware and IF you feel uncomfortable then do not proceed or get your questions answered. Just remember it is YOUR reputation if you introduce your contacts, clients, colleagues to YOUR independent business of selling ESS lights. Your contacts will be upset with YOU IF anything is not true or if there is a problem with the product, installation warranty, etc.

Any business requires due diligence! Good luck in your business quest.

I totally agree there not a scam I've done my research and I love what they have being doing. Energy Saving Solutions has made a name for themselves.

I think they are a force to be rekon with in the LED Lighting industry because they have the most advance lighting technolgy on the planet and here it is 2014. Thumbs up to these guys I really wish them well go green is the motto.

View more comments (1)
$2000

Energy Savings Solutions Scam (Peter Stein CEO)

Peter Stein AKA the CEO of Energy Savings Solutions is a scam artist who places adds on Craigs List in the Sales Employment section in cities all over the USA every day advertising a program that offers Financing and Marketing collateral and "Office Support" in order to engage larger corporations, casinos, ware houses, municipalities, hospitals, retail chains, high rises in "Energy Savings Solutions" "LED Retrofit Programs". Peter has a team of silver tongued recruiting agents who "promise the world" people who have responded to these false advertisements. The recruiting agents that call the un suspecting prospects pitch them and then inform them that there is a $470.00 investment which will cover the cost for "Back Office training and Support as well as electronic marketing an printed collateral. The printed collateral is promised to be sent in the mail in less then 10 business days. The back office support and training is promised immediately. I am one of the idiots who believed the pitch and who made the investment. It is now 15 days later and I have no printed marketing collateral. I w as promised a power point presentation, Energy Savings Solutions does not have a Power Point Presentation. I have called and emailed Peter and several of his "associates" and have gotten no support what so ever. In fact I received a very derogatory email from "JAY Johnson" for asking for support. Today I had set a huge appointment with a large retail chain. It was a conference call and "The Director of Engineering" for ESS had to cancel the appointment 10 minutes prior to our meeting. THis is a SCAM to not waste your time or ENERGY you will get burnt! ALL ESS does is collect the $470.00 up front and they do not follow through on any of their promises!

SCAM. The warranty is bogus because Stein doesn't pay for it.

He won't pay commissions. SCAM.

That loan scam he has with UGA is loan fraud.

Why would anyone give $$$ up front to get hired as a salesperson ?

Unless you are contracted with an employment agency it makes no sense.

Money up front should be the RED FLAG to make you do your home work. There is no free lunch,do not let your greed swindle you !

This is scam all the way. Go to their site and if you google all of the people on there, they are involved in like 3 different businesses.

If they play such a large role in a huge company, where do they find the time? I mean, Shelby Stone, their director of marketing is a realitor, and a healer. Now, from the spiritual background, healers are supposed to be honest and true, in which case, this lady is not due to her working for this scam artist.

Her picture is the same as the one on the realitors web page that she works for. Ladies and Gents, this has Ponzi written all over it and I just hope that the FBI can get them.

On the presentation 12 min video Peter says he has 35 years business experience, he is 45, is he counting his lemonade stand? Try reaching the Vice President, nothing, the engineer, nothing.

Does he actually exist? They have sold very few lighting deals and the case studies are of companies that yes have converted to LED but NOT with ESS. The current business model and revenue for the company is the boiler room responding to all the people finding them on craigslist and watching the 12 min video. The people then call and hound you to close the deal.

They are not looking to recruit x amount of dealers to grow the lighting sales, they will continue to add dealers as long as someone with pay. Watch out for Isabelle, she won't take no for an answer.

The investment is up to $13k now but includes a demo kit and a lifeyime bulb replacement gurantee. They will finance the purchase through a company called UGA with $5k down.

I would like to speak with a sales person that is selling product. Is anyone out there?

@Julita

I did sign up with them and it has been very difficult trying to make a sale especially in Maryland. The power companies have advised their customers to use approved vendors with the power companies for their retrofit and light upgrades.

The power companies also provide funding for the project.

.........as a smart consumer, which route do you take?

Your own power company or Energy Saving Solutions........,Though!!

Sam, Distributor for ESS.

Interesting reviews.

This company is simply BADASS!!! The amount of money I have made here is incredible!!

Now my wife and son are working with me and we are hoping to hit 6 FIGURES and it only been 4 months.True sometimes I can't get Peter on the phone but he is the busy owner of a busy booming business and thats to be expected. But when I did get a hold of him, he is a professional well spoken business man that I for one am glad I took the risk.

Its been a lot of hard work but WOW has it ever been worth it.

@PissedConsumer696917

Anonymous? Making money but lacking cahones?

Man up. Say who you are.

@PissedConsumer696917

Anonymous from Oak Park, MI

That is awesome that our wife and son are now working with you and are making great money!! Why don't you help out, not only ESS, but also other people looking to participate in this great opportunity?

Yes, there is some investment, but any business has it's investment, yes, there is hard work on the individuals part to get out there and make it happen, BUT if the company cannot backup their claims, has NO dealer references to come forward and be an actual and active reference OR have truly satisfied clients that have ACTUALLY installed the ESS's lights, then the money you claim to make and the opportunity REMAINS under suspicion.

Wishing you continued success, IF you are truly making money and not one of the boiler room "sales" people just trying to put this posting out there for other to THINK they will make "BADASS" money and trying to pressure people to buy into the scheme from the ESS Craigslist ads posted throughout the country.

Consumers beware, become informed, google Press Releases for Energy Saving Solutions Dealers, contact them and see if they are happy and making money. If you do your research you can then make your own informed decision...just be aware and VERY diligent!

View more comments (44)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article