1.9K views

Peter Stein AKA the CEO of Energy Savings Solutions is a scam artist who places adds on Craigs List in the Sales Employment section in cities all over the USA every day advertising a program that offers Financing and Marketing collateral and "Office Support" in order to engage larger corporations, casinos, ware houses, municipalities, hospitals, retail chains, high rises in "Energy Savings Solutions" "LED Retrofit Programs".

Peter has a team of silver tongued recruiting agents who "promise the world" people who have responded to these false advertisements. The recruiting agents that call the un suspecting prospects pitch them and then inform them that there is a $470.00 investment which will cover the cost for "Back Office training and Support as well as electronic marketing an printed collateral. The printed collateral is promised to be sent in the mail in less then 10 business days. The back office support and training is promised immediately.

I am one of the idiots who believed the pitch and who made the investment. It is now 15 days later and I have no printed marketing collateral. I w as promised a power point presentation, Energy Savings Solutions does not have a Power Point Presentation. I have called and emailed Peter and several of his "associates" and have gotten no support what so ever. In fact I received a very derogatory email from "JAY Johnson" for asking for support. Today I had set a huge appointment with a large retail chain. It was a conference call and "The Director of Engineering" for ESS had to cancel the appointment 10 minutes prior to our meeting. THis is a SCAM to not waste your time or ENERGY you will get burnt! ALL ESS does is collect the $470.00 up front and they do not follow through on any of their promises!

Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Comments

My experience with this company has been very disappointing. When the president/CEO interviews you he is the one who asked for your credit card number - really!!!

This company is not registered with the BBB, but their company's listing states that they are a 'jobs placement company' - does that tell you something. I paid my $470 and got the CRM which contains 4 'examples' of proposals - a hospital, a police department, a municipality, and a car dealer - none are real. I too asked to speak to one of their successful reps - NOTHING. I asked for the name(s) of completed projects - NOTHING.They run a web conference once a week which is cheerleading as far as I can tell.

They have multiple 'case histories' on their web site, yet none are their installations - very deceiving in my opinion. They have no company overview on their site. I have continued to request backup information to no avail.

They supposedly have 350 deals in proposal form, yet will not divulge the categories/businesses of these clients.

BE VERY VERY CAREFUL AND PARTICIPATE AT YOUR OWN RISK. JMO

Hey Nick,

Good luck with your undewriting. What a waste of time!

You have to be kidding me? You honestly think your going to get that hotel? The company has no BBB rating. I'm sure that hotel is going to look up ESS.

They are pasted everywhere as scammers The guy is a one man show scammming sales partners!

Your giving that fool a $79 dinner each month and hes LAUGHING! lol

I too have been approached many times by this company.. They sound like a scam..

They never provide any credible evidence that there agents are making money.. Plus they require payment via ACH or a check.. Which is NON REFUNDABLE!!! Also I called there so called CRM company..

They have now CRM softwaare out there that is over $30 per month per user... So ESS wants you to believe that the CRM + $15 in Business cards and a $20 study manual is worth $470..

Are these guys out of there freakin mind??? Do they think we are ***???

I joined Energy Saving Solutions 2 months ago in August, 2011 and have paid $79 for the past 2 months for registering my clients in their CRM program. I have received all the electronic files including the best power point presentation I've ever seen.

I have spoken with Peter Stein on many occasions and I can attest to the fact that he is authentic and professional. He started in this industy 3 years ago with another Lighting company prior to starting ESS this year. Like many new small businesses he has had some growing pains.

It's unfortunate that these people who post derogatory comments didn't have the patience to work with this new company. I too have had to wait a few hours for a return call at times, but it's getting better as the business continues to grow.

I currently have a 40 story condo and a 36 story office building in downtown Honolulu that are in uderwriting now and I have 16 hotels in a chain who are gathering their Facility Lamp Audit information for me as I type this. The energy savings that ESS creates for these clients is real, factual and is absolutely the future.

Every building will be retrofitted with LED efficient lighting, we are at the very beginning of an emerging and soon to be exploding industry! The efficacy of this technology has just recently come to fruition.

Do you think that when Steve Jobs and Woz were working out of their garage at the beginning of Apple Computers, they had all the pieces in place... Or Bill Gates when he started... No. Do you know how many sales people left Microsoft at the beginning because they weren't given enought support and had a hard time selling a "new" concept, it's legendary and laughable.

I am convinced that ESS, currently a small start-up business, will become an industry giant. The LED lightinhg Retrofit business is absolutely the most powerful opportunity in the history of business, evidenced by the fact that the Department of Energy has been leading the drive for the emerging LED technology that just recently has achieved the efficacy that makes commercial retrofits feasible.

Anyone wishing to contact me about my experience with ESS, please feel free to call me on my cell.

Nick, 808-782-****

Nick, 808-782-****

I too called this company. They claim to be in business for 3 years and aren't listed with the BBB. Why would anyone fork $470 over to these scam artists?

I have payed my $470 and worked this program solid for 3 weeks to no avail. There is no support what so ever.

The business cards they send you are cheap and there is no support in the back office.

My case study book is now in the garbage. What a waste of money!

I spoke with ESS several times and asked them to provide referrals of anyone who is successfully working their program, they would provide no one. Also, I've been an employer, and when you hire for an important position, you are interested in the applicants capabilities.

ESS does no qualifying of the applicant when "hiring" them. ESS just wants your $470 or what-ever they are asking up-front. Real job opportunities do not ask for money upfront from the employee, and they DO need to know if you can do the job. The pay is supposed to flow to the employee, not the other way around.

To Kacy Free; if there are over 100 satisfied partners produce a few of them! Till then, even folks of average intelligence will consider you people as scam artists preying on the desperate.

I went to that page too. That smirk gets to me.

I'm passing. GOOD LUCK!

Has any sales partner made a profit in ESS? I am thinking about joining and was on their website.

I am skeptical because clicking on the leadership page is the picture of only the CEO.

They talk about big sales in the pipeline and only case studies. Please advise.

Any other's get the $25,000.00 mistake when it should have been $2500.00? Where are these deep pockets? Smells like too good to be true, it is.

I smell a scam here. The "ceo" picked up the phone and tried to get $470 out of me.

I also spoke to Donna May who is located in India and talks via skype and you cant even understand her.

Sounds like the "back" office may be located in india. Thank you for this posting I saved money!

I spoke with kristy. Sounds like another "silver tongued" one that stands up for the CEO. To Me this is a SCAM!

I have been talking to one of the ESS "Business Development" people.

I have asked for someone I can talk to who is working with the company. They refuse to provide names.

I have asked for references of companies for whom they have provided their services. I cannot get the names of any references.

They list Ocean Palms Condominium as a "case study" but the work there was done by Energy Smart Solutions. I mean, VERY suspicious and shady that they cannot support what they are offering with names and contacts to verify that they are who they say they are.

There are over 100 satisfied Sales Partners who are working and bringing in deals. This is not a get-rich-quick scheme.

If you sign up you are investing in your own business. You have to do your homework and work your leads to make the money. Peter Stein is a wonderfully supportive person who spends hours assisting each and every person who has deals to close, whether by phone, e-mail, or in person.

The support staff works hard to assist in any way they can. The majority of what I am reading here are personal attacks that should be deleted.

Peter Stein, Kristy Freidman, Spencer, Jay & Company are aware of what they are doing. They can't hide behind a title.

The Fed doesn't care if you are and executive or an adminstrator or a sales person. If you are aware of and have discussions with and know the accounting and lie to people over the phone and/or cover-up and make excuses for your bosses fraudulent activity, you too will fine your name online over and over again, investigated and serve prison time.

Just for the record. The Fed can tap your phones and you will never even know it.

It's only a matter of time before Energy Savings solutions with be investigated by the Florida Attorney Generals office the FCC/or FBI. Moreover, he takes advantage of these desperate Sales people, doesn't pay them a base salary, and asks them to take 100% commission, but still put in 7-8 hours.

note the only way they can make $500 is to work 5 days a week 35-40 hours a day. He is pathetic. I understand that he brought in $50,0000 dollars one month and still didn't pay just 3-4 people a base salary. Anyone associated with this company will go down with him.

Especially if they know what's going on and continues to work there. He is a money hungry, cheap employer with fraud on his mind.

You know what happens to people who take short cuts. Karma is a B

This company has been wonderful to me! I can't beleive this posting!

This posting was made by a disgruntled sales rep who attempted ( only after 10 days of being with energy saving solutions) to discredit the organization and EXTORT $9000 from the company. Even after receiving his money back, Chris Hoover's only motivation in posting this comment is extortion.

Justice will be served Mr Hoover. He is curently under cease and desist order

Hey Michael, you have to remit 12 months electric bills and lamp audit spreadsheet to get a proposal. Since you have only been with the company for under a month and have NOT done this, I hardly think you qualify your negative comment.

This company is growing like mad and going places. You actually have to do something to make money in this ( or any sales position )

Energy Savings Solutions Reviews